Monday, December 04, 2006

What's Your Superhero Catch Phrase?

So B. is taking a community ed Saturday morning theater class with a superheroes theme. The kids make up a story involving superheroes real and imagined (B. is the ghost of Will Clark, a guise inspired by his fanatical love of baseball mixed with a villain from a Scooby Do episode). Usually I would take the hour and run, but I happened to be in the hall reading while class was on. The instructor started asking the kids about superhero catch phrases a la "up up and away" or "here I come to save the day." B., always one to make a contribution (or three) says "I know the Blues Brothers' catch phrase. ... We're on a mission from God."

Comments:
To the Editor,

This faithful reader of Chock Full O' Whatever would like to send direct email correspondence to its author, but realizes to her dismay that the last address she has is woefully out of date. How did this happen?

Please advise,
The Somervillain

P.S. I tried to think of a superhero catch phrase when I read this entry back in December, but Benji's contribution was so brilliant I found myself speechless in the face of its awesomeness.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]