Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Five or So Things to Do Before You Die

You know what I hate? I hate those lists of 100 or 1,000 or a trillion things to do or places to go or things to eat before you die. After all, you still have 9,999 things to go. It just takes all the fun out of actually doing anything. Why not just acknowledge our limited horizons and lower the bar a bit.

So I’ve decided rather to focus on the few things I’ve done (and enjoyed) many, many times. Here’s my list of things to do over and over and over again before you die:

• Eat lots of Ethiopian food and bagels
• Read a plethora of magazines
• Drink wine and good coffee
• Play racquetball
• Go to the library
• Repeat

Don't get me wrong, I've had my share of adventures. I've done lots of things once or twice or even dozens of time, but it's the thousands of bagels and tens of thousands of pages of instantly-forgotten New Yorker content that give life its texture. And don't even think about "surprising" me with pancakes ;)

Comments:
Not even for Shrove Tuesday?
 
Ha! That was actually a reference to when G. and I were first going out and he had the audacity to take me to Josie's for breakfast instead of Katz. I had a complete meltdown when my pancakes arrived.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]